Monday, March 03, 2008

Thank you, Senators!

What a nice surprise today! I headed over to the Massachusetts State House for a meeting with Senator Richard T. Moore, Senate Chairman of the Joint Committee on Health Care Financing, and he presented me with this Resolution from the entire Senate commending BIDMC for its "unparalleled leadership in health care quality and patient safety." This is in recognition of the actions taken by our Board of Directors several weeks ago in adopting the ambitious goal of eliminating preventable harm in our hospital over the next four years.

Many thanks to Senator Moore, Senate President Therese Murray and all of the members of the Senate for this honor.

5 comments:

MSHN said...

I'm so glad you started this blog--I am just starting to read the entries, but as a student of a medical school going though some difficulties with its associated partner hospital, I think it will be very interesting to see into the window of hospital operations.

Anonymous said...

Thanks very much. Happpy to have you!

Anonymous said...

What a fanstastic achievement. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

SEIU stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

Anonymous said...

Dear anon,

While I might appreciate the emotional spirit of that last comment, in terms of SEIU's corporate campaign to denigrate BIDMC Directors, I hope that no one would take the comment to mean that the SEIU is not interested in improving patient safety and quality. I trust that you are not accusing the union of not standing for those values.